A Victim of Stereotyping …
Yes. I was a victim, a victim of stereotyping. I was so humiliated. *Sob*
It all happened one morning when I decided to take Chester with me to the local Deli. Obviously, it was beyond my better judgment. Dealing with Chester’s poor walking habits is more than enough on a Saturday morning, but I didn’t deserve this …
As I left the deli with my yogurt, a man and his son stops me. My first reaction was that he was going to pet Chester. Not the case. He stopped me to tell me that he stepped in dog poo. I look at him with a blank stare and he repeats that he’s got dog poo on his shoes. Now I’m annoyed. The heck does that have to do with me? So this man keeps repeating to me that he stepped in poo. So I tell him nicely, it wasn’t my dog. Now he’s telling me I should pick up after my dog, which I did, nearly 3 blocks away. This dude stepped in the giant pile dead-center of the sidewalk about 50 yards before the deli. I saw the pile on my way to the deli and recall speculating that such a large pile must either be of a giant dog or human. So I tell this guy that I pick up after my dog, the crap he stepped in isn’t my dog’s. Very nicely, I added that he should have watched where he’s walking and probably worry about his kid crossing the street ahead of him more than the crap on his shoes … What an idiot!
It all happened one morning when I decided to take Chester with me to the local Deli. Obviously, it was beyond my better judgment. Dealing with Chester’s poor walking habits is more than enough on a Saturday morning, but I didn’t deserve this …
As I left the deli with my yogurt, a man and his son stops me. My first reaction was that he was going to pet Chester. Not the case. He stopped me to tell me that he stepped in dog poo. I look at him with a blank stare and he repeats that he’s got dog poo on his shoes. Now I’m annoyed. The heck does that have to do with me? So this man keeps repeating to me that he stepped in poo. So I tell him nicely, it wasn’t my dog. Now he’s telling me I should pick up after my dog, which I did, nearly 3 blocks away. This dude stepped in the giant pile dead-center of the sidewalk about 50 yards before the deli. I saw the pile on my way to the deli and recall speculating that such a large pile must either be of a giant dog or human. So I tell this guy that I pick up after my dog, the crap he stepped in isn’t my dog’s. Very nicely, I added that he should have watched where he’s walking and probably worry about his kid crossing the street ahead of him more than the crap on his shoes … What an idiot!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home