Monday, January 30, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Its been a while since I've had time to post. Nothing much going on, I must say. Been working like a madman.

Anyway, I was in C-town yesterday taking in the festivities and of course, paying my respects to the Gods at the temple. Despite the downpour, my sister and I waited out 2+ hours to get in the temple. Though we did contemplate cutting the line, we knew Buddha wouldn't forgive us, and we knew we had to do the "right" way, going through the hardships - if you could really call it that - to get in, bow and place incense.

Also had brunch over at Buddha Bodai - I think that's how you spell it - on Mott Street. The food was really good, but it does take a while for the food, since I think they prepare the entrees (more like dim sum) individually.

Surprisingly, there was a real good turnout down in C-town. I think as the years have gone by, there have been more and more festivities. There was lion dancing, the dragon dance, concerts, etc. etc. Even MTV was on site! I think its the way the Chinese population has grown, more and more Chinese people are now 1st and 2nd generation Americans (= tax-payers and pencil-pushers=money and votes), so we've now become a bigger target market for politicians and all kinds of products and companies are sponsoring all of these festivities, just to get on our good side. Little do they know - we're pure capitalists, and no matter what you do, its all about the economics. But there is a positive, you can gain some company name recognition. I wonder when they'll allow us fireworks again. I think the politician that gets that for us will definitely get all the Chinese votes for whatever it is they're running for.

All in all, New Year's was good. I wish all of you a Wonderful New Year, filled with Happiness, Good Health and Prosperity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home